The 1400m Open Water Event
The 1400m course is from the Middle Brighton Pier, around the Royal Brighton Yacht Club marina and breakwater, to the beach in front of the Royal Brighton Yacht Club.
The pier, breakwater and the walkways provide unrivalled spectator viewing. Music and food stalls will be provided on the lawns adjoining the pier and baths.
The open water swims comprise male and female age divisions and an Open Division (any age can enter).
Swimmers will receive a colour-coded swim cap and a gear bag containing sunscreen and a sports bar. At the finish, swimmers will receive a Bulk Nutrients sports drink or water, fruit and Bulla frozen yoghurt.
The on-line entry price a raffle ticket for flights and an accommodation package for two to Noumea and secondary prizes (total value $4,300), for the first 1,000 swimmers in the Open Water and Intermediate Swim events.
The first 1,000 entrants will also receive a Swimland Great Australia Day Swim T Shirt.
- Registration Desk (for 1400m event) opens 9:30 am
- Register and collect timing band at least 30 mts prior to each wave start
- Start -Females 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+ 11:00 am
- Start- Men 50-59, 60-69, 70+ 11:05 am
- Start – Men 40-49, 11:10. am
- Start- Junior Male and Female. 11:15 am
- Start – Male 30-39. 11:20 am
- Start – Female 30-39. 11:25 am
- Start – Open Division Men and Women. 11:35 am
- Age Divisions Awards Presentations. Noon (Approx)
- Open Divisions Awards Presentations. 12:10 (Approx)
For detailed Swim Instructions, click here.